Peace of mind is not something we should take for granted this Thanksgiving season. But sometimes there are so many choices when it comes to protecting our identity, we are indecisive and then when fraud occurs – and it does occur – we are left to figure things out on our own.
In the words for the infamous Boston song…
”I understand about indecision
But I don’t care if I get behind
People livin’ in competition
All I want is to have my peace of mind”
As a consumer and a business consultant, I have been there myself. I guarantee your customers are there. If they do nothing, then when they become a statistic – and again, they will, they will find themselves full of stress and anxiety about what to do next. But, it doesn’t need to be that way.
75 percent of the ID theft victims were severely distressed over the misuse or attempted misuse of their personal information. But, knowledge is power.(ITRC Aftermath report)
There are a number of ways you can help your customers:
1.Provide them ID Protection as a value-added feature within your current offering.
2. Educate them about the risks and simple steps they can take to lessen their risk – shredding important documents, using a secure password manager.
3. Train your employees so that they are comfortable helping your customers through these situations.
4. Enable security features on their mobile devices, and leverage only secure wifi’s.
The list goes on, and it is all very much common sense, which is why we need to remind people on a regular basis to take these important steps.
Even if you are not sure about offering identity protection to your customers, consider some small steps to make identity theft prevention a part of your organization’s culture.
- Provide Identity Protection as an employee benefit.
- Schedule regular and ongoing training for employees – and even invite your community to join.
- Share tips and tricks on an ongoing basis – educate your employees and clients and create engagement at the same time.
Your clients will be thankful when you deliver them peace of mind this holiday season. Create a lifetime of customer through peace of mind.